Friday, July 20, 2012

'Sup World?

Day #14 - Write your impressions of world events and other important happenings

This is an interesting year for Mormons around the country as we watch Mitt Romney go into battle for the highest office in the United States. I think that he is well-qualified for the job and that he could do a lot of good if given the opportunity. I am not sure the country would be kind to Mormons if he screws up though...

We have been watching the news between Syria and Turkey. It is an old war to those familiar with cold war politics. It terrifies me that we might be just a few bombs away from nuclear war.

I'm am thrilled to have the opportunity to watch the people of the world gather together for the Olympics. I am excited for London (as I really love that city) and it will be fun looking for familiar sights. I also think it will make Alexander really hungry for fish n' chips. Me? I'll have my bangers and mash, if you please. We are having a low-key family gathering around the TV to watch the opening ceremonies. British provisions may be needed.

In tragic news, this morning we learned of the shooting in Colorado at The Dark Knight midnight showing. The ladies in our department were shocked, stunned, and depressed as we kept an eye on the news of the victims. I hope this doesn't lead to copy-cat crimes and other horrible events.




0 comments: