Saturday, July 7, 2012

20-Day Journal Challange

I am issuing a challenge to my Beehives tomorrow to write in their journals every day for 20 days. In fairness, I am also taking up the challenge and am going to post it here on my blog for accountability. Each day has a a pretty simple writing prompt and I will be one day ahead of my girls so that they can read what I’ve written to get ideas for their own journal entries. I would love it if any of you would like to join me. J


“Tonight, and tomorrow night, you might pray and ponder asking the questions: Did god send a message that was just for me? Did I see His hand in my life? I will do that. And then I will find a way to preserve that memory for the day that I, and those that I love, will need to remember how much God loves us and how much we need Him.” – Henry B. Eyring

Day #1: Write about your day (a good thing to include in any journal entry) – What was the best part about it? What was the worst?

Today did not go as planned. It started out really productive. I got up early and got the house cleaned quite quickly. However, halfway through vacuuming the living room, the vacuum broke, I think it needs a new belt. I finished vacuuming with the hose as best I could. I then spent a couple of hours on the phone with my brother’s fiancĂ© and then my mom planning out my brother’s wedding, which was fun. That was the best part of the day.

The rest of my day got sucked up in a commitment that I thought would only be an hour, but turned into five hours. I was trapped by someone who apparently needed to talk, excessively. I’m having a hard time deciphering how I feel about the situation. If I feel upset do I lose any blessings I might have gotten? I’m trying to see the good in it and hopefully it can be considered a service in its own right.

I am seeing some small mercies in the situation though. My YW lesson is already prepared and ready from last week when I accidentally planned the wrong one. My handouts are even already made, which is something of a miracle! So in actuality everything that I really needed to do today did get done. J I guess I can’t actually be upset after-all.

0 comments: