Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Heroes

Day #11 - Pick someone who is a hero in your life and write about him or her.

My parents are my heroes. I know this may sound cliche, but they really are my heroes. I don't know what I'd do without them. They have always been there for me and I have always known that if I ever needed anything they would do anything they could to help me out. For the past 30 years they have devoted themselves to their family and worked tirelessly to provide for all of us kids. Even now that I am an adult I still find myself needing my parents all the time.

For example, last month my parents came out and visited me. They knew I was lonely and needed a pick-me-up and they drove all the way to spend time with me and Alexander. While they were here, my dad made sure he fixed all the little things that were broken around my house, like the bathroom door that came off its hinge and replacing the dryer cord.

My mom is amazing too. She is always willing to listen when I need someone to talk to, whether I'm venting or excited or just lonely. She always makes me feel special and important and has always told me that I was given great gifts to use for a great purpose, which makes me feel better when I'm feeling worthless.

I am so thankful for the continued examples of faith, endurance, courage, and love that they radiate on a daily basis. I hope I can someday be a parent as cool as they are. :)

0 comments: