Saturday, July 14, 2012

Besties

Day #8 - Describe your best friend. Tell why this person is your best friend.

I have many wonderful "best friends". I will tell you about a few who came into my life at a time when I desperately needed them.

I have one best friend who has been friends with me since the beginning of time (aka 3rd grade). We met and were instantly inseparable. She helped shape many of my thought patterns and influenced the books I read, the shows I watched and the music I listened to. She was always (and still is) a head taller than me, with long slender legs and I would run around on my short chubby ones trying to keep up. Truth be told, she introduced me to a love of the "old country", of the British Isles. I have her to thank for a fondness of British television shows and Monty Python humor that gave me common ground with a cute boy I met who had family in England (and who I later married).

I have another best friend who I found during my freshman year of high school. We were assigned to sit next to each other on a long bus ride and quickly found we enjoyed many of the same things and had the same quirky sense of humor. We became fast friends and stuck by each other through a slew of weird boyfriends, college drama, and marriage. This was a girl who dyed my hair any number of colors, created elaborate dating schemes for me, shared flying pizzas with me after college classes, and still gets excited when I come home to Utah. Her family is my family and we have a blast when we are all together.

Lastly (but not least), is the best friend that I dated and married. He came into my life at the perfect time and immediately felt like family. The best decision of my life was to marry him and continue my life with him by my side. I couldn't have asked for a more charming, gentle, loving husband. He helps me to become a better person every day and I love him so much. Besides all the mushy love stuff, we genuinely love spending time together. He is really funny and makes me laugh all the time. He can do all these adorable accents and remember amazing amounts of information. He also has a crazy silly streak that I adore. :)

I have been blessed with many more friends who I love and have greatly enriched my life. Hopefully someday I will have time to write about each of them. :)

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww! This post made me tear up! We need a flying pizza night soon. Love you!!