Sunday, July 8, 2012

Free Time?

Day #2 - What do you like to do in your free time (Don't just list, explain why, too)

When I have free time, I usually come to a crossroads and have to make a decision: do I do something semi-productive like a craft or a project or do I totally relax with a book or a nap?

Generally it breaks down to a 70% projects, 30% relaxing ratio. This means I get lots done but I totally wear myself out to the point where I have to take a nap or make myself relax. Lately I have been working on planning my brother's wedding so my crafts are things that have to get done in the next few weeks and include making table runners, painting glass, researching decor ideas, rummaging through thrift stores, etc. My relaxing has come in the form of a great book, #2 in the Beyonders series. It's kind of young adult but I love it. :)

When I have no important projects and absolutely nothing going on, in my free time I: paint canvases, read fantasy books, cook new foods, try new kinds of crafts (sewing, jewelry, etc), play with my dog, and cuddle with my husband (I acutally try to do this every day ;) ).

This is a Coconut Cake I once made in my free time:



This is a baby quilt I made for a Personal Progress project:



0 comments: