Juxtapose: put side by side: to place two or more things together, especially in order to suggest a link between them or emphasize the contrast between them
Day #4 - Write about a time when you were so happy and a time when you were so sad. Did you learn anything from those experiences?
Irreputably, the happiest day of my life was when I finally married the love of my life. Despite everything that went wrong that day (my car broke down, two of my sister's went off the road in the snow, etc) we had made it to the temple to start our little family. I felt so much relief knowing that if anything happened we were now sealed and could be together again. I married my best friend and I'm still so thankful to have him in my life every day.
I learned that there is a reason why God gave men and women each other. We need each other and when both partners are working together in love and faith with mutual respect they help each other to grow and mature in ways that are impossible to learn alone. I learned that God loves us and wants us to be happy and to have lives filled with joy and has allowed us a way to continue that joy long after we have left this earth.
My Best Friend:
Sad Experience... The hardest day of my life was Aug 17, 2010, the day we packed the Uhaul and drove away from my family, friends and cute little home toward Missouri. I was miserable and would have done anything to change our plans and stay. I honestly don't think I would have finished packing had my family not been there dumping things into boxes. I didn't want to leave and I would have stretched it out as long as possible. I cried for hours on end that day. I knew it was the ending to a near perfect life. I was comfortable, happy and successful and I was being ripped away from all that. I was homesick before I had even left.
I learned a lot of things about myself when I forced myself to leave my comfort zone and start over somewhere new. I learned that I can do hard things and that I am never truely alone. I was the beneficiary of dozens, if not hundreds, of little miracles that allowed me to know that the Lord loves me and was watching out for me and my family.
This is my sister, Melanie, showing off the moving truck on moving day:
I am grateful for both of these experiences in my life and the way they have influenced the person I have become. Though different, these experiences both represent the Lord's hand in my life and His watchful care over my happiness and growth. I know that the Lord sees a picture much bigger than the portion I can see and when I trust in Him, He will make my life even greater.

0 comments:
Post a Comment