Monday, July 9, 2012

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Day #3 - Imagine that it's exactly ten years from today, and describe what you'd like to be doing and what you'd like your life to be like.

Hmm, well, ten years from now I will be 39! That seems so old!! As a kid I always assumed my life would be just like my mom's. I'd get married younger, have about 5 kids, and then they'd all be grown-up by the time I was 40 or so at which time I could be free to do whatever I want. However, it now seems like my life will be quite different. Here I am sitting at 29, no kids in sight. However, I've been married 5 1/2 years to a wonderful guy and I've had some awesome experiences so that's gotta count for something.

I really do anticipate having kids in the near future so in ten years I would expect them to still be involved in my life ;).  I think 3 kids is a nice goal to shoot for at this point in my life. I want to be learning new things with my kids like playing the piano and learning German (they will be German citizens afterall). They will also be exploring who they are and what they like. This could mean I end up as a soccer mom shuffling kids to practices or enduring the headaches of a first year violin player and their squeaky attempts at songs (Melanie, I still harbor a little hostility over that year of violin you took while I was trying to do my high school homework!)

I want my husband to have a great, fulfilling career in history that he enjoys and will allow me to stay home with the kids. I also want to be running the wedding business again on the side, possibly owning a reception center with my best buds helping me out and creating beautiful events. Additionally, I'd like to have done some more world traveling and giving my kids neat learning experiences. I want to be healthy, happy and productive and looking forward to 40 more years of happiness.

Us Today:

0 comments: