Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bridal Fair #1

So I think we made it. We successfully survived the first bridal fair ordeal. Ordeal doesn't sound like the right word... how about baptism by fire, yes I think that's better.

And what a fire it was! I was totally burned out by the end. Perhaps I should start on Friday morning. After a long Thursday night of creating and fixing my marketing pieces I thought I could print them out on my computer and be done with it. By noon on Friday I was completely and utterly discouraged. Seven hours, several gallons of gas, and two nervous breakdowns later, I had accomplished very little beyond picking up a few supplies at Costco. Everything went wrong with my marketing pieces and I had to reformat them all. In the end with the help from my wonderful and supportive husband, I was able to figure it out.

We went to Provo High School at 8pm to set up for the bridal fair and with my strong brothers (and sister) we got the whole thing done fairly quickly. I will post pics below. After the set up was finished around 10:00, we ran a few more errands: Walmart, my storage unit, my parents, Wendy's (we hadn't eaten since lunch), and finally Kinkos (my third visit that day). We spent the glorious hours of 12:30-2:00am printing and cutting fliers. It was great! I think it was actually the most productive part of my day aside from setting up. I finally was able to lay my head down on my pillow at 3:30am, only to wake at 7:30am to rush and get ready.

At the bridal fair my savior, Alisyn, came to the rescue and we rushed to finish setting up. 15 minutes before the show started we were told that we could take up the space next to us because the people hadn't showed up. So in the end we had a huge space! Al and I rushed to recenter the backdrop, but boy was it worth it!

Because of Anna and Al's beautiful daisy balls that were hanging from the backdrop we got tons of girls stopping to look at our booth. We were the only bright colors on our row so people were drawn to us like flies. All in all, I think it went very well. My website hits have been fairly high since the bridal fair, so that's great. At least people are looking. I have been looking too. I checked out all my competition and from what I can tell I have the most variety and the most visually interesting backdrops. I also have the lowest prices, so cross your fingers that the phone starts ringing.











3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh!! Everything looks beautiful!! I love the use of colors and daisies, especially the daisy balls. I'm glad that you survived, and I'm sure that the phone will start ringing off the hook for you very soon!

Al said...

So who is this Alisyn chic? Does she hire out!? ;) Ha ha, or hee hee, I'm so funny!

Thanks for the great experience. It was very fun and totally worth it! I'm sure all of your wildest dreams will come true and them some! Don't you worry, girl. (But we'll keep praying for you.) :)

Good luck with the British consultation. I'm sure it will be a grand experience. Let me know how I am be of the most assistance. Loves. :)

Annalee said...

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate your kind comments. I'm have my consultation in about 10 minutes and I am so nervous!