Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Should've Read the Warning

I don't feel so good.

I'm not technically sick, but I am nauseated from motion sickness. Yesterday Alexander finally got the game he has been waiting for: Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Oh yeah! So as Wii games go, this one rocks. However, it makes me feel very sick to play it. And then, once I play it, I am sick the entire rest of the day. After feeling awful for a couple hours today, we looked on the game's box and found a warning that read; "Playing video games can cause motion sickness in some players. If you or your child feels dizzy or nauseous when playing video games, stop playing and rest. Do not drive or engage in other demanding activity until you feel better." Hmmm... at least I'm not having seizures which the game also warns about. Needless to say Alexander has been begging me to play with him all day, and now I am sick. Blech!

I was supposed to have a wedding consultation this morning at 10:00, but my client called and canceled at 9:30, approximately way too late! I was up until 3:00am making sure I had all the papers ready and all the appropriate room designs drawn up and that my house was spotless, and then she called and acted like it was no big deal! I was infuriated! Plus, she was rather rude on the phone, so I think I will take her wedding off my calender. She can try to find someone else to decorate her wedding this late in the game (good luck with that).

To make up for the frustrating morning, I got a phone call this afternoon that made my day. This woman was the mother of the groom and was in charge of the luncheon, but had no idea what to do or how to get started. My experience at C&W finally paid off as I BS'd my way through one of the best business calls I have ever had. I recommended a caterer, gave her design ideas, gave her an estimate, practically read her mind (so she said), told her what she needed to ask when reserving a park for the luncheon, etc. It was totally awesome! She told me she had a list of phone numbers in front of her and no one had she had talked to had been nearly as informational as me. After talking for about 15 min she asked me to call her in 2 days to make sure she hadn't lost her mind yet and to discuss more details. I am pretty sure I have this one in the bag (plus this woman is hilarious!)! The best part though was that I asked her how she got the number (so that I would know what marketing was working) and she said she found it on the internet! Boo-Yah! It's working, it's working, it's working!!!

Anyway, if you can't tell I am pretty psyched. Plus, I found out today that I am for sure a vendor at the upcoming Bridal Fair at Provo High on March 29! Awesome marketing opportunity! If I get even one wedding booked from it, it will make up for the cost of the show. Overall I would say that things are going pretty well for my little business.

Well, my nausea has mostly gone away so I think it's time for bed.

9 comments:

Al said...

Wow, that's intense. Perhaps you should invest in some "Sea Bands." I wear them when I travel to help counter-act the motion sickness...works wonders. :)

HOORAY for booming business!

Sorry about the bratty-brat...but I'm sure you're not missing out on her Bridezilla ways anyway. Best to avoid those as much as possible. :)

So, I had an idea for the Bridal Show design, but I'm not sure if I'm at liberty to share it. I don't want you to feel like all I think about is your business and that I'm trying to take over or something. (Because I'm TOTALLY not!!! I just want to be helpful!) So, I'll let you tell me whether or not an idea from me for it will be helpful or hurtful. I'll be totally cool either way. :) And I will finish up those runners now that the RS Birthday Dinner is over. (Which I'll have to tell you about...let's just say we've both found a niche we COMPLETELY ROCK at!) :)

Hope you're feeling better today!

Annalee said...

Hello! I would love to hear any ideas you have for me. Plus, I am very anxious to know how this dinner went, so we better get together soon!

Al said...

Sweet. I can just take a picture of the idea I had...email it your way or something. I have a killer headache today, but I plan to work on the runners tomorrow. What are your plans for next week? Are you wanting to take pictures of your set-up options before the bridal fair? I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to help you with that project...I have a tripod and everything! ;) Our backyard is just empty and waiting... (It's sunny back there as early as 8:00 a.m.)

Al said...

HELP ME HELP YOU!!!! What can I do to assist?

Annalee said...

Al, you are awesome. I actually would love to take pics of some of the setups, but it really is a lot of work. This week has been insane, but next week should be pretty open, just let me know what we should do :)

Al said...

Hey, Girl! When does the company head out? How are you surviving?

Yeah, I'm all for helping with pics of your set-ups! Monday would work (I have VTers coming at 4:30, but that's no biggie), Tuesday not so much just because I have a dentist appointment in the afternoon, Wednesday would work so long as we got everything done before evening (I know this is an all-day affair) because E has a work dinner, Thursday is WIDE OPEN ALL DAY, and so is Friday (TOTALLY FREE). What is your sched like? Would you need help getting the stuff here as well?

Tell me what you need and I'll do my best to help. :)

Tentative weather:
Monday 43, partly cloudy
Tuesday 48, partly cloudy
Wednesday 52, partly cloudy
Thursday 48, few showers
Friday 47, partly cloudy
(Craziness!)

Al said...

We should go for it! ;)

Annalee said...

Al, you are hilarious! Most of the week is great. My schedule is wide open. Sean leaves tomorrow so that exhaustion will be over.
To get the stuff to your place I will need the trailer, which my dad used to haul my sister's stuff in and I'm not sure it has been emptied yet, so I will have to talk to him. I will let you know. :)

Al said...

Sweet chickens. Just waiting to hear from you then...you can just call, if you want. :)