My religion is very personal to me, and although I know I should share my feelings on the subject more often, I usually shy away from opening the innermost chambers of my soul. However, I have been reflecting on my religion today as I went visiting teaching this morning. My companion asked me to type up my testimony of the Savior to give to those we visit teach, so obediently and hesitatingly, I did so. I now feel compelled to share it with you as it seems appropriate at this special Easter season.
I know that Christ is my personal Savior and Redeemer. The experiences I have had throughout my life have manifested this to me in a thousand different ways. Each morning as I gaze at the newly risen sun, I am reminded of another Son who also rose to light the world with hope, love, and the promise of eternal life. It is impossible to look at the magnificent creations around us and doubt that the Lord loves us, each individually. It is such a blessing to me that I know that my Savior lives, that he suffered for our sins, and that through Him all mankind may be saved. It is a message that touches the innermost emotions of the heart. As I strive through each day trying to do all that must be done, this message breaks in through the suffering and I know that I am not alone in a crowd, but that I am His, I was bought with each tear and drop of blood that was shed for me. That love and compassion can make the hardest days bearable and lifts my weary shoulders. As President Hinckley has said, “In sunshine and in shadow we look to Him, and He is there to assure and smile upon us.” I testify this is true and that His love will forever be with us.
-Annalee B. Strub
"He Lives" by Simon Dewey
6 years ago

3 comments:
Beautiful!
We should go to the temple again soon.
Beautiful testimony as always, dear.
Elegantly said. THANK YOU for sharing!
Post a Comment