Once upon a time there was a young, 21 year old, college student named (affectionately) Foolish Anna. Foolish Anna lived a very normal life full of school, work, and dating. There was one boy in particular whom Foolish Anna especially liked, but he drove her crazy. This boy was called (unaffectionately) McDorkle. Foolish Anna met McDorkle during the summer while he was home from college and when she had time to play. They dated all summer, but then he had to go back to school in Oregon.
To ease the pain of being apart, McDorkle called Foolish Anna almost every night, and almost every night they grew closer together, except for the times when McDorkle would unexpectedly (okay, the first time was unexpected, but after that it became a pattern) decide he didn't like Foolish Anna anymore and would, in effect, dump her. Foolish Anna didn't care. She was too busy being important at school. A few weeks would go by and then McDorkle would call or send an email begging Foolish Anna to be his again. Foolish Anna would relent and all would be well. McDorkle visited Foolish Anna many times during the school year. He was her diversion and she was his rock, standing by his side when his father died, when he did badly on exams, and when he was so lonely he cried. Foolish Anna even took a road trip with her bestest pal to visit McDorkle in his beautiful world of Oregon (this trip still tops the charts as BEST ROAD TRIP EVER! and it wasn't because of McDorkle).
Eventually McDorkle proclaimed his undying love for Foolish Anna and asked her to marry him despite the fact that he: thought she was too young; didn't like when she dyed her hair; treated her like a child; never took her to a fancy restaurant; stifled her humor; told her she was fat; didn't believe or support her dreams; and finally, made her cry nearly every time she saw him. Foolish Anna prayed and then said yes (much to her own surprise)because she remembered all the happy times, the ice cream, the laughter, the trip along the Oregon coast. A couple weeks into the engagement he dumped her again and she told him to never bother her ever again and she really meant it. She went home and cried and felt better about it the next day. That's when Anna stopped being foolish.
Exactly one week later, the new and improved Anna met the man of her dreams and they lived happily ever after. ;) However, nearly 3 years after ending it with McDorkle (who consequently emailed me 3 weeks after our breakup to tell me he was engaged to someone else) I was filled with a morbid curiosity as to his current situation. I spent some time on the internet and using my professional skills as a researcher, I was able to find a surprising amount of information about him. The most exciting for me was his current picture. HE LOOKS LIKE A TOAD! REALLY! I'M NOT EXAGGERATING! I thought I would die with laughter.
Ya know, it's the little things in life that make every day worthwhile, and that picture toadally made my day. ;)
Just so you all know that I don't harbor any bad feelings for McDorkle (the name was given to him by Alexander), I have posted my favorite memories of the happy times we had because even though we were a really crappy couple, we were really good friends.
In front of the Portland Temple (I can post this one cause we aren't touching) ;)
My sanity and road trip partner :)
6 years ago

4 comments:
Oh gosh, I look horrible in that picture!! LOL
I'm SO glad you ditched McDorkle. He was retarded. Hee hee hee....do you remember when he called our music "Devil Music" and made us listen to church music forever? And then when he sat in the bird poop? That still makes me smile! :)
We'll definitely need to road trip up there again sometime!
SNAKE RIVER!!!
You look great in that picture :)
I think the church music was better than listening to the same ABBA CD for 4 hours!!!! I still cringe when I hear some of those songs! Gracias!!!
SNAKE RIVER!!!
Ha ha ha! (Or should I say LOL?!) :) You are a great story teller! Me like-ah! Tell more!!! :)
(And I'm glad things didn't work out with McDorkle, I like Mr. History Buff much better...)
Thanks Al, I prefer the history buff too. ;) Sometime I may tell more stories...
Post a Comment