Saturday, April 25, 2009

All in a Day's Work

I am exhausted, but very proud of myself. I did a wedding today that had a new, very difficult feature. It had a dropped ceiling, and it actually looked good. It took a massive amount of time to figure out exactly what would be the best way to put it all up, but in the end we did an excellent job. The credit really should go to my best brothers, Bryce and Tyler who spent a good 5 hours working on the project with me. New things always take time to learn, and now that we know what we are doing we can cut the time in half for next time.

I am really excited to have a new product to offer my clients, and I feel that I can now have a really competitive edge. While I was putting the finishing touches on the room, the woman with the cake came. She looked around at the decorations and was really impressed. She told me that she is getting married in August and she loved my decorations so she got my name and phone number and promised to call. Awesome!

Anyway, tell me what you think!





4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it! It looks amazing!

Adam B said...

The real competitive edge to get now is to be able to make the basketball hoops and lines on the ground disappear. :)

Annalee said...

Isn't it a blessing though to have a free venue as nice as a cultural hall for young, poor couples? Not everyone has parents who can/will pay for a wedding and most college students can't afford one on their own. We paid for our entire wedding ourselves and so we understand how the costs add up.

For a relatively small amount of money, we decorate the rooms to accentuate the beauty that is already present in the room. The lines on the floor are rarely seen or noticed and the basketball hoops are easy to overlook when the lights are low and the room is covered in twinkling lights.

Wendy said...

Hey there!! I recognize that building!! It sure is amazing how a transformation can take place. That looks amazing Annalee.