I have been so busy the last few weeks. I love being busy because it makes me feel like I am useful and that I am contributing to something. Unfortunately, this kind of busy has left me exhausted and vulnerable.
On Wednesday, without any warning at all, I got very sick. I thought it was a sinus infection because I had a sinus headache and all the bad stuff that goes with it, but then I think it turned into the flu and I have been rather miserable. Along with the sickness comes a forced break. I haven't done ANYTHING in 3 days! My house is a mess, my husband is forced to eat like a bachelor again, and my to-do list is getting longer and longer.
I cannot stand being forced to sit and do nothing for days on end. The only thing keeping me confined to bed is that I feel really yucky, which sounds like a lousy excuse to me. Out of desperation I finally called my mom yesterday to ask her for advice on miracle treatments to make me better within the hour. She didn't have any, but she did reprimand me for not telling her I was sick. Two hours later she was at my door with a pot of homemade chicken soup and fresh homemade bread! My mother is amazing!
So I sit here alone while my ever-faithful husband is at church fixing other people's problems. I have just run out of orange juice and I am trying to be reflective and religious while in my pajamas. It is Easter after all, the special day when we remember Christ's atoning sacrifice for man-kind. I am struck by the fact that the pain and sickness that I am currently enduring, Christ also suffered for me in Gethsemane, so that He would best "know how to succor His people." This is such an important piece of knowledge for me; it brings such comfort, yet it makes me sad that there are so many others who do not have this knowledge.
How blessed I am to know that Christ lives and to know that He is aware of me in my trials, however small they may be. I pray that we will each feel His spirit with us in our daily lives, whatever our current situations may be.
Despite my runny nose and cough, I cannot help but proclaim in my heart, "Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God!"
6 years ago

1 comments:
Thank you for that sweet reminder! And I hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment