IF ONE MORE PERSON IN THIS WARD ASKS ME TO DO ONE MORE THING I JUST MIGHT LOSE IT!!! That is if I haven't already lost it, which I may have already done. So it all starts with my real calling as Enrichment Leader. Yesterday I spent at least 4 hours working on enrichment stuff. This morning I arrived at church early so I could put the relief society calender (that I had spent at least 1 1/2 hrs on) in with the sacrament meeting program. That was done, great! I was feeling better already. I then had a run in with the 1st counselor of the Primary.
I was asked to sub for the chorister for the next couple of weeks. So instead of enjoying Sunday School, I went in to scope out Primary. After watching a train wreck of Junior Primary singing time and deciding that I hated the way these women ran Primary, I returned to Sunday School only to worry the entire time that I was being set up for a new calling as Primary chorister. After the meeting I calmly walked down to Relief Society where I was bombarded with a hundred enrichment things, and an "oh dear, will you lead the music?" While leading the opening hymn I was struck by how funny it was that more and more people are turning to me for things they need. I also felt blessed that I was able to help. It made me feel better. It was a set-up.
After the meeting and after speaking with 5 more women, I finally stepped into the hallway to see a sister who looked a little distraught. I asked her if I could bring the treat to book club and she looked relieved. I felt I had done enough, but she kept talking. Apparently she serves with her husband as the youth activity coordinator (her husband is Stake YM Pres) and they are in charge of the pioneer youth trek. This morning we found out that our ward is being moved to a new stake and that 4 other family wards are as well. This couple will still be doing trek, but now they have 4 new wards to work with, none of which had been planning for a trek. So now the trek has been enlarged by 4x the youth and not enough help as Ma's and Pa's. This sister asked me if my husband and I would like to be called as a Ma and Pa, I told her I would love it, but my husband can't walk for more than 30 minutes. She was obviously disappointed until she had a new idea. She will call her assistant to be a Ma and call me as her assistant. Ta Da! Trek is on June 4 and if I am called it won't be for another week. I would be organizing and working with registrations (hmm, this sounds like a job I once had...) and keeping this woman sane. Sounds exciting.
It's a good thing I'm so wonderful or else I might be overwhelmed. ;)
I think I might just die.
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment