Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fresh Ideas

I know my last post made a lot of people worry, but I just wanted to let you know that the fever has passed and I am back to normal (well, relatively).

Yesterday I made a bunch of new centerpieces to put up on my website. I am trying to shake the old fashioned look and be more hip and modern, since that's what I really am anyway.

I am putting pictures of my centerpieces up here. Please let me know what you think and if you have any new great ideas. I WOULD APPRECIATE AS MUCH FEEDBACK AS I CAN GET, FROM ANYONE :)

Thanks!!!













9 comments:

Annalee said...

Thanks friend! That was actually the centerpiece for my own wedding, but instead of the white rose, i had taller white flowers. It looked great on the black tablecloths.

Al said...

Very nice, lady!!! I think this is what people are expecting to see on the website after such an event as the bridal fair. Much more up-to-date, modern, chic, simple, elegant, hip, and rockin'. Me like-ah. A lottah. :)

These are seriously great. I would post them.

Do you still want to play? When can you?

Al said...

Those LED (or whatever) things are fabu, btw! FUN STUFF!!!

Al said...

Sorry again about tonight, girl. I'm no fun to be around right now anyway though. :) Hope you have a great time doing whatever. Thanks for being so willing to come. Catch ya next time round, eh? ;)

Adam B said...

I like them. In the first one, the rose is a bit too big, though, I think. I don't think it should fill the glass. The candy one is cute. I think the cloth inside and the bucket are what makes it. You have to be careful you're not giving people something they feel like they could have come up with on their own.

Adam B said...

They're also all very simple. I personally like that, but I think there are a lot of people in Utah who want something more elaborate. Something a little bigger / more extravagant.

Adam B said...

Also, I was looking at your web site, and I think you'd do well to rephotograph your older pieces (not just centerpieces - everything). The pictures look old. And I think a good idea for your site would be to organize everything into themes. That way, if people are looking for a winter wedding, they'll look in there and see the Santa centerpiece, or the moose and pine trees. Or a summer wedding, they'll see the pieces that are especially suited to an outdoor wedding. Stuff like that. (Seasons is just an idea, btw - you don't have to use those.) But if you're going for updated, new pictures and an option for themes to group your pieces together.

Annalee said...

Thanks Adam for all your comments.

I agree with you on the fact that the pictures look old, they are old actually. My biggest problem is that I haven't done a lot of weddings yet and am posting pictures of every new set up I do, but until then I am using the pictures that the previous owners of the company used.

You are also right that some people do like extravagant centerpieces, however simplicity is all the rage right now. I am working on getting some bigger pieces though. Something really spectacular. Perhaps a trip to the craft store is in order.

I like your idea of themes, perhaps I could do that, it's how most decorating companies are doing it right now. However, I don't like the idea of feeling closed in and stuck, many companies have 5 setups and that's all they will do. My reasoning with the current categories was that most clients already know if they want arches, or pillars, but they don't know how they want it set up. This is why I put them into categories of pillars or arches and they can see a lot of options and combine them or customize them however they want.

Thank you for your critic, I really appreciate it, and will see how I can move in those directions! If you think of anything else I can do to fix my image, let me know, :)

Annalee said...

* i meant critique, not critic *