Thursday, September 6, 2007

My New Addiction

Okay, I admit that I have been a total slacker. But I can defend myself: I have been busy. Work is wearing me out and I come home every night feeling like someone has beaten me up. I have started to worry about the possibility of my blood pressure rising or something as equally old-person sounding. To help alleviate any potential stress-related health problems I have picked up a new hobby. Painting. Yup, you read it right, I have been spending most of my evenings painting.


I have been learning a lot and last week alone I painted 5 pictures. I can paint one from start to finish in about 4 hours and I have realized that I go into a sort of creative trance. I just sit for hours focused on what I am painting. The really amazing thing is that they actually look like what I am trying to paint (usually). I am shocked, so is my family, they didn't believe I actually painted them, they thought I bought them.


I think it would be neat to be able to sell my paintings for like $1,000 each. Then I could really be making money ;)


For your enjoyment, or perhaps to quench your curiosity, I will post pictures of my paintings as soon as I get my act together. :)

1 comments:

Al said...

HOORAY! Welcome back!!! :)