I went to The Fray concert last night (they are the one's who sing "Save a Life") with my siblings. My 23 year old, super cool, and highly popular (the younger kids idolize her) sister decided to make it a family event and bought tickets for all the kids except the youngest (poor kid got to stay home with Alexander).
Anyway, the concert was held at the USANA Amphitheatre and I have decided that they have the worst traffic situation of any concert venue I have been to. By the time we got to our seats it was already 8:30 and some crap band dressed in what my 16 year old brother called "girl pants" was playing crap music and the lead singer was dancing like he had to go to the bathroom really bad. At 8:3o I was already exhausted.
This crap band played until 9:00 and then FINALLY left the stage (my brother yelled, "Yay they're done!" and clapped really loud, I thought I was going to split my sides laughing). I got my hopes up thinking that the "real" band would be starting soon, but alas, I still had a half hour to wait in my seat and twiddle my thumbs. By the time The Fray finally got on stage I was ready for bed. I was shocked at myself. Never before had I been such a party-pooper at a concert. I usually get all excited and pumped up, dancing and stuff, but I was just too old. I could only bob my head in rhythm and wonder how long this was going to take. When the encore came, however, I was psyched! I was all my young college self again with tons of energy. Do you know why? It was because I knew they were only going to sing 3 more songs. Yup, it was only 10 more minutes and so I decided that I could have fun for the last 10 minutes. It's like when you are hiking up a tall mountain but you can finally see the end in sight so you keep going even though you feel like you might die. Well, the last song seemed to last FOREVER with the audience sing alongs, but I could handle it because it was the last song.
I made it through traffic (it was a miracle!) and got home at almost 1:00 a.m. My great husband was waiting up for me (okay, we all know he doesn't go to bed until 2:30, but I can pretend it was a sweet gesture).
After not quite 5 hours of sleep, I am trying to make it though the day, but feeling rather manhandled and frayed. Who knew you could grow old so quickly? Only 2 years ago I would have been the super cool, highly popular, and crazily energetic one. Oh well, here's to those times when we try in vain to feel young and cool and fall slightly short.
6 years ago

6 comments:
I think you're cool...because you like to go to bed at a reasonable hour! ;) No worries, girl. We all experienced and loved the "glory days," but now you get to enjoy what many people don't...a gentle and loving bed partner and the proper amount of sleep!!! :)
It's an interesting transition...college-age crazy life to married life regularity. I wouldn't trade it for the world! I've been there and done that!
I truly do think you are cool. :)
How great is it for your sister to take a turn at being the ultra hip fun one? Way to let her be and pass the torch! ;)
YOU ROCK!!! And I hope you survive the day! I didn't get to bed until midnight something, so I'm feelin' it too...good thing I'm on the 11-5 shift! (NOT!) Thank goodness for naps! :)
Love the pun that is your title, by the way! :)
The office is boring without. I'm sorry you are sick, but could you just get better so that I'm not ALL ALONE!? ;) (Just kidding, I'm not that selfish!)
Rest up and try to enjoy our day...or at least sleep through it! No worries about Joe, he was all sorts of sympathetic...perhaps I'm good at "playing it up" too?
LOVES!
I know what's going on in your life...and it's far from boring...NEW POST!!! :)
New post! New post! New post!!!
ANNA! This is an official repremand! NEW POST!!! I know your life is exciting...what with your new-found talent and all!!! :)
Tisk, tisk!
;)
Post a Comment