Do you ever find that there are things that you need to do that you absolutely dread and then when you finally get around to doing that horrible thing, you realize how much you love it?
Weird, huh? So what was all the fuss about? I think it has something to do with the lies that we tell ourselves. You know, those little things that you convince yourself are true but deep down you know they aren't?
This weekend was very progressive for me because I had two separate self realization moments about things I was dreading but turned out that I really enjoyed. Once I realized the truth I was able to inspect why I had been telling myself the lies. It appears that they were lies of convenience, it is just easier to believe the lies than to face the truth. Sound familiar to anyone else? Now that I have the awareness of the lies, I can obliterate them from my mind. It won't be automatic, they are ingrained in my mind and my habits. However, very few things are actually impossible, so there is a good chance that I will succeed.
I wonder what other lies I am telling myself?
6 years ago

3 comments:
Wow, what is this new work place doing to you!? ;)
This is awesome! Way to progress and become a better and stronger version of your already amazing self. I need to take notes and follow your lead...
And what the freak!? We haven't talked to each other in AGES!!! This simply will not do! HOW THE HECK ARE YOU, my friend!? :)
PS How was Alexander's b-day? What cake did he get this year?
PS Alexander should read his blog posts... :)
Post a Comment