Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My Last Day of Work at UVSC

Twas my last day of work and all through my desk,
I was packing and rummaging and sorting the mess.

My files were all empty, the binders all full,
And I couldn’t help feeling a calm, peaceful lull.

My coworkers were settled with a larger work load,
And I was anxious to leave, lest their glares grow too cold.

With the stress almost off me and life bright ahead,
I knew I would sleep easier when I laid down for bed.

When from the back office their arose such a clatter
I sunk down in my chair, knowing I was the matter.

Out from the back office they flew like a flash,
Susan, and Karen, and Connie all dashed.

The look on their faces were sure to afright,
As I sat and I tried to look sorta contrite.

When what to my terrified eyes should appear,
But a meeting agenda and three hideous sneers.

With the entrance of three others in new power suits,
I knew in a moment my near victory was mute.

More evil than devils they sat in their chairs,
And they covered my figure with critical stares.

“Now onto the fighting and manipulative war!
We each have to win and we’re each taking score!

We came to attack you before you can flee,
(We had to come early, as you’re leaving at three).”

I had flinched when they shouted and swore in my head,
But I put on my game face and nodded instead.

Throughout the whole meeting the whippings ensued,
And I nearly screamed in frustration before it subdued.

Two hours later and painfully tired,
The devils all left and I officially retired.

But before I got far I was heard to exclaim,
“Goodbye all you suckers!” (And I fled with no shame).

4 comments:

Al said...

HA HA HA!!! OH MY GOSH, ANNA, THAT WAS AMAZING! SHEER GENIUS IN POETIC FORM!

I NEED TO COPY THAT AND PUT IT IN MY SPECIAL PLACE...WOW! :)

Al said...

HOW ARE YOU "SURVIVING" NOW?

Annalee said...

I'm glad you enjoyed that, I thought it was funny :)

Adam B said...

Haha. Very clever - how's the job search going now? Or do you have one yet?