"It's just my job, not my life " - Annalee B. Strub, Aug 2007
This has become the most quoted quote in the office (Yay for the popularity award!). Sadly, there is a real reason why it is the current favorite. Everyone wants to quit! "Everyone?" you may ask? Yes, everyone and we are trying to make ourselves feel better about it. Warring Deans and VPs (aka political meanies) are ruining our peaceful world of conference planning. For a long time we have been able to run our little place by ourselves and decide how to do our own conferences, but now people who should have better things to do are sticking their unattractive (it's true!) heads into our business.
Even worse, this crap is leaking down from the upper levels and infiltrating our own office. People who love their desks and the corner they work in (me) are getting moved to the black hole of the department, into the old ladies room. Surprisingly, this is where they put the employees who happen to be old ladies. The boss claims she is moving me because she hired a new employee who is in a wheelchair and MY desk is the only one that's accessible. This is simply not true and I can only assume that she wants me where she can keep her ever constant, ancient eyes on me.
Okay, I admit that this sounds an awful lot like I am complaining. However, I am actually undergoing valuable psychiatric treatment that will enable me to go back to work tomorrow morning without my head exploding. So thank you readers, for putting up with this rant.
Oh, and P.S. - If you by chance know of a job that won't make my head explode please recommend me to the boss. :)
6 years ago

2 comments:
Good for a laugh, at least! SO TRUE!
It's terrible, but I'm quitting too. Seriously this time! We've taken all we can take, Anna...it's time to move on. There's a reason they have retention issues at Conferences & Workshops.
And clearly your friends are looking out for you...now it's just a matter of deciding which position you want to take! :) Good luck to you, my friend! And I'll be calling you when I get my photography business up and running!
CHEERS!
Glad you were able to have a little laugh. My little laugh is starting to sound psychotic. He he hee...
Post a Comment