Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Spoiled Rotten

On Monday I turned the big 24 and I was expecting it to be just like every other day. However, my husband made sure to take advantage of this double points day* and he went all out. Usually because he works at home he is still asleep when I leave for work at 7:45, but on Monday he was out of bed before I was. As soon as the alarm went off he gave me a lovely card (women love cards), a novel, and a ruby necklace/earrings set. I was stunned! Alexander can't keep secrets so I never get surprises, but this was a total surprise. He had done such a good job getting the gifts and I didn't even give him any hints or help.

Later that morning while I was toiling away at work (okay, between you and me I wasn't really working that hard but don't tell my boss that) I got a huge bouquet of flowers delivered to me. Another surprise! I had never received flowers at work before and I was thrilled. This boy was definitely doing a good job. Everyone at work went out to lunch and my boss bought my food so that was cool. When I got home from work Alexander took me shopping for new clothes, which he doesn't really like to do, but was willing to do anyway. We found some cute clothes that were on sale and only spent 15 minutes shopping, it was my lucky day (Alexander thought it was his lucky day too)!

On top of all that my parents made me a whale cake and my favorite meal of bacon and tomato sandwiches. I was sure that I was the most spoiled rotten I had ever been. I was wrong.

Today I got a brand new 2007 Hyundai Elantra, regetta blue with grey interior. It drives like a dream and has air conditioning (which my old car did not)!! I can't believe I am driving a new car! Now I know that I really am spoiled rotten. What a week!

*Double Points Days include birthdays, anniversaries, & holidays because 1) he remembered and 2) he got you a gift

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Dang! You are freakin' lucky! I'm jealous. I'm glad that you had such a fabulous birthday, and that you have such a fabulous husband who helped make it that way!

Al said...

Wow, way to be spoiled! But guess what?! YOU DESERVE EVERY FREAKIN' OUNCE OF IT!!! You, my friend, are amazing and I'm glad your birthday week treated you accordingly! :)

(And thanks for letting us celebrate you...a little late...you truly are our most favorite date-night couple!)

Alexander said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed it. :)