My husband, Alexander, loves to play on his computer. Sadly for him, ever since we started dating I have wanted him to spend his play time with me which means sacrificing his computer time. For a wedding present he bought me my very own laptop. It is a beautiful machine and I just got it back from the repair shop (after 3 months, but that's a whole different story). He was so kind in setting it all up for me again and installing my favorite game, Civilization IV. Last night I was just gushing about how nice he was to do it for me.
I have always known that Alexander is smart, but I just realized today that he is very sneaky as well. I had just wasted nearly 3 hours playing Civ IV as happy as a clam when it hit me like a ton of bricks. ALEXANDER TRICKED ME! He introduced me to a game he knew I would love, bought me a computer, and tucked me away in the comfy chair to play while he got to play his game with absolutely no nagging from me! I am overcome with the ingenuity of the whole thing! I never knew he was so good at working the system! I now look in awe at my husband, whom I had thought was so naive and innocent, and wonder what else he is duping me on.
Men everywhere should take note of this and follow in Alexander's steps. The miracle and wonder of it is not what he did exactly, but that he did it, got caught, and will still be allowed to continue doing it because he already has me hooked. I bow down to the genius of my husband.
6 years ago

2 comments:
Please tell me that you are not, just now, realizing that men are sneaky!! Please, tell me that. But....keep in mind that as sneaky as men are, we women are the ultimate sneakers!! Yay for Alexander for being so sweet, though!
Ha! That's awesome! You go, Alexander! :)
But let's not begin the impossible task of naming all the things you have duped HIM on... ;)
The joys of growing in love...
Three cheers to sneaky genius!
Post a Comment