My husband is always very worried about me. Every morning as I leave for work he reminds me in a very sober tone, "Be careful". Every day I give him another reason to be worried. To some it would appear that I have very poor luck, but really I am just very clumsy.
Some accidents are worse than others. For instance, every day I stub my toe on the scale by the bedroom door and I usually walk into the wall when I'm trying to walk through doorways (I'm still not sure how that happens). However, it gets worse. Three weeks ago I sprained my wrist while planting my flower garden. Who does that? Last week as I was trying to fulfill my latest dream of being a caterer I fell victim to my stupidity again. What happened was that I was getting a pan out of the oven and unknowingly used a hot-pad that had been set in water. As I felt my right hand thumb burning I was about to drop the pan, but instinctively I reached with my left (and unprotected hand) to catch the pan. Well, as my fingers touched the searing pan (it had been in the oven for 10-12 min at 400 degrees) I dropped the pan and yelled at the top of my lungs.
Luckily, the food didn't fall on the floor, but my hand was covered in second degree burns and I quite possibly woke the neighbors. Sadly for my husband, it was 2:37 a.m. and I woke him up so that we could go to the store to get something to wrap my hand and hopefully find something to stop the pain. Let's just say that was a night when my husband had wished he had been around to offer parental supervision. The way my life goes, something really exciting and painful is sure to happen again soon, so be on the watch out for my latest escapade. :)
6 years ago

3 comments:
Geez, I thought that I was the only completely clumsy one. Welcome to the club!! No pain, no gain, right? I'm glad that Alexander was there to take care of you, though, and that I was there to help you dye your hair cuz your hand was bandaged. :)
Talk about needing a new post... ;)
I demand a NEW POST!!!
Post a Comment