Monday, January 27, 2014

Fall 2013 Recap

These past few months have been crazy at best so it's no wonder I haven't had time to blog about it. Please accept my apology for the lateness of these posts, but check out how much fun we've been having!


August: I went back to school!!!! This is huge for me! Not only did I go back, but I got accepted to a program that is 180 degrees different than I ever imagined I would want to do. I'm at the UMKC Bloch School of Business to get a Master's of Business Administration in Entrepreneurship. I've already completed one semester and I love it! It's super hard work and a lot of studying but I love the challenge!

All ready for the first day of school:

Alexander also got a new job at H&R Block Corporate headquarters. Within a few weeks, he was given a great promotion, along with a nice raise. :) He doesn't love the work, but he is respected and has done very well in his department.

Alexander turned 31!





Just before school started, I snuck back to Utah for a quick girls weekend in Park City with my high school besties. We had so much fun! A total flashback to sleepovers when we were teenagers. :)



September:

In September some of our bestest friends, Zuke and Melissa, came to visit for a few days. We had a blast at the Renaissance Festival, visiting church history sites and eating some darn good food! I wish I had written about this soon after, but alas.

At Adam-ondi-ahman:

Eating green jello!






Here are some of our highlights from the Renaissance Festival!

We threw dangerous weapons:




We pretended to be Robin Hood:




We put Melissa in the stocks:


Alexander found a dragon:

Melissa found a wooden mug:

I RODE AN ELEPHANT!! It was awesome..


We later went back to the Ren Fest with our other good friends, Joe and Kathy. Needless to say, we had a little too much fun with our food. We really enjoyed our turkey legs and cider floats :)







Joe, Kathy, Audrey and Alexander in the dragon:



In October we were incredibly busy. We moved into a new, beautiful (and much larger) home, we rushed to complete our adoption homestudy and we had our super awesome Halloween Party. We had over 40 people in our home for the party which featured costumes, soup and salad, treats galore, It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown for the little kids, much WII gaming for the teenagers and tons of great conversation for the adults. I didn't get a single picture during the party, however, I did take a few of the aftermath. ;)

We were invited to murder mystery dinner. Here are our costumes:

Miss Jade:


Sir Ruelion:



For Halloween, we dressed up as Vercingetorix and Cartimandua of the Celtic people:



The aftermath of the Halloween party:








0 comments: