Our Holiday season was nothing but parties and playing interspersed with working hard decorating lots of beautiful weddings but somewhere we found time to take a few pictures. :)
November:
My wedding business started to pick up and I scheduled several weddings for the holiday season. Alexander and I had our very first little Thanksgiving dinner with just the two of us. It was very quiet...much more so than I am used to Thanksgiving being...but it was lovely and my very first real Turkey didn't turn out so bad. :) Also, my pies were THE BEST I have EVER made! For reals, they were totally divine. I made a raspberry rhubarb pie and a real coconut custard pie (and a regular old pumpkin pie). Seriously, the best!
Our Thanksgiving Feast!
December was a whirlwind of finals, weddings, parties and Christmas! Nothing beats starting out the Christmas season with our annual Ugly Sweater Party! This year was no exception and we had a great turn-out. The food was good, the people were better and the white elephant gifts were hilarious!
We also invited my MBA class over for another Ugly Sweater Party the next week. We got a lot of the international students here and for most of them it was their first time playing the white elephant gift game. They were skeptical at first, but the competition was fierce as the night went on and it was a VERY long game. I think everyone had fun.
Christmas Eve we went over to our good friends' house with our adopted extended family, the Bennions, the Hales, and the Cunninghams, to do a live action nativity (Alexander and I were Mary and Joseph!) and eat a smorgasbord of yumminess. Christmas morning we had brunch with our awesome friends Joe and Kathy and then went over to the Cunninghams for Christmas dinner. We are completely spoiled by our amazing friends!
Christmas Eve:
Christmas Morning:

On December 27, Alexander's parents visited us for a few days. We did some church history site-seeing, some shopping, and some gourmet cooking. We had several dinner parties as well as a very exciting and lively New Years Eve party filled with Disney karaoke, Oklahoma Joe's BBQ, and good friends.
We had such an exciting holiday season that it took us nearly all of January to recuperate! We just know that 2014 is going to be another wonderful year!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment