Tomorrow night the Young Women are having a Thanksgiving potluck, because let's be honest, we need as many Thanksgiving dinners as possible ;). We are also going to make Thanksgiving table decorations. I found this cute idea for Glowbirds and I thought it would be perfect.*
I decided that I needed to practice making one first to ensure that I knew what I was talking about when I gave the instructions and I am pleased to say that it turned out to be SO STINKIN' CUTE!
I mean, seriously, look at this face! He looks so excited to be here! :)

This little craft really got me excited for Thanksgiving, despite the fact that this will be the first year I don't get to spend it with my family. Regardless, we will have an exciting day as we have been invited to enjoy dinner with our good friends and their four rambunctious children. :)
*You will notice I made a few modifications, namely, my votive is not quite a bubble, rather it is less round but was $1 at Walmart (bubble votives can be found at Hobby Lobby for $2, but I was being careful with the budget). Also, I used organza ribbon for the tail-feathers and craft foam for the beak and wattle.
6 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment