Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween 2011

This Halloween has been much more eventful than last year. We were invited to a cool pumpkin carving party on Friday where I carved both our pumpkins (hopefully I can get some pics from the host since I was a loser and didn't take pics of them). Alexander's pumpkin is the whale-shaped fast food speaker from Homestarrunner.com, which is admittedly super random. I carved a simple cat into my pumpkin. The party was a blast though and we had a great time.

On Saturday I had the privilege of helping to host the ward Halloween trunk-or-treat and carnival. Back in April I asked if we could have one this year and volunteered the young women and young men to put it on, which technically meant the YW leaders put it on. I spent a good portion of the day setting up and finalizing details of the event and it went off without a hitch. We had a great turn-out and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. We had a cool crawling maze on the stage complete with fog machine and strobe light. We also had a beanbag toss, a donut eating off a string thing, a ring toss, a fishing booth, a cupcake walk, pin the nose on the pumpkin, a target toss with velcro balls game, and pumpkin bowling (where we rolled pie pumpkins into pins). In the background we had a sweet Halloween mix CD that Alexander compiled and the adults had a great time munching on apples and popcorn and sipping apple cider. I had a friend taking pics for me, so once I get them I will post them.

Of course I decorated the tables because I have this decorating disease. Luckily I went very simple and I personally enjoyed nibbling on the candy corn.



Alexander and I dressed up for this event. We didn't decide on our costumes until Thursday, so I was in a bit of a rush to sew and put them all together. In the end we won Best Couples Costume, so I think they turned out well.

Hansel and Gretel: These aren't the best pics, Hopefully I will get one with us together that was taken by a friend at the trunk or treat. Aren't we so adorable?





And finally, the traditional big-eyed and innocent picture:

2 comments:

Kali said...

LOVE your guy's costumes! And I am sure your pumpkin party host will send out some pics;)

Annalee said...

Thanks Kali! You totally rock!