Thursday, June 5, 2008

Awesomeness!

I decided that I wanted to go back into event coordinating, so on a whim I started looking and applied for two jobs. I got phone calls for both of them yesterday, and subsequently had two interviews this afternoon. After the interviews I was exhausted, irritated, and I just wanted to go to bed. However, tonight I had book club at my home so I had two hours to bake and decorate a cake, clean my kitchen and living room, and convince myself that I could keep going throughout the night. Book club went two hours, and now, finally, I can relax.

The bright spot of my night was hopping onto my podcast site and seeing a thread of things that need to be changed to make the show better. In a post discussing how I had replaced a woman who had been ill this was said:

It's most sad to see Kelly disappear especially if it's for health reasons, and it's in fact quite worrying that we haven't heard anything at all. But to be fair I think Annalee makes for a better replacement on the panel. Not that Kelly is a bad host (au contraire, I love her to bits like everyone else), but there was too much goofiness and cutsieness on the show with her and not quite enough substantial discussion. Annalee OTOH brings a bit more balance: she's somewhere halfway between Kelly's silliness and my seriousness, which does the show a world of good. If/when Kelly comes back you may have a real problem -- I certainly wouldn't want to kick her off but I for one wouldn't want to lose Annalee either...


I was shocked, but oh so delighted!!! They like me, they actually like me!

1 comments:

Al said...

Of course they like you, silly bean! How could they not!? YOU ARE AMAZING!!! :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP ON SATURDAY!!! You are the Bee's Knees!

Happy Europe! LOVE YOU!