Friday, February 8, 2008

Elegantly Expressed Wedding Decor

Hello my friends! (Does that make me sound like John McCain?)

I have officially gone off the deep end. I recently purchased a wedding decoration business on a whim. Yes, it really was an impulse buy. Poor Alexander, he usually needs a couple of months to agree to spend this much money, and I only gave him 24 hours.

Anyway, this means I have purchased an entire stock of decorating supplies: roman pillars, arches, fountains, hundreds of flowers, tablecloths, chair covers, centerpieces, and much much more. It is so exciting and so crazy at the same time. In the last three weeks since getting into this I have spent 8 or 9 hours a day working steadily on getting everything in order. There is so much to do! This is what I've done so far: take inventory, organize everything so I can find it again quickly, create a website (much harder than it sounds), create business cards, scout out competition, get a business license, get a tax ID number, and the list goes on.

Today I overcame the hardest of all those challenges when my website went online. It is not perfect. All the pictures on it are from the woman who owned the business before me. I haven't had time to set up and take pictures yet, but it will happen.

A new challenge is now open before me: Marketing. The first step to this is to tell my friends, so here I am, telling you. Hopefully this will result in you telling your friends and me eventually getting some business. :)

My website is www.elegantlyexpressedwedding.com

Please check it out and pass on the word!

7 comments:

Al said...

You rocketh and I completely admire you! :)

Al said...

The site is looking great! :) YOU GO, GIRL!!!

Al said...

Do you return to previous posted comments?

Al said...

Because I put a comment on your "Chat Queen" post...

Al said...

I think you should read it...

Al said...

(I had to write a lot of comments to get your attention...in hopes that you would read these comments and then read the previous post's comments...) :)

Adam B said...

Awesome girl! If you need a website, marketing, or public relations consultant, I've never done consulting, so I don't know what to charge. I'm probably pretty cheap. :) But I've done public relations / marketing and have also done a bit of web site stuff. And I'd be willing to help. Let me know.