In May, I graduated with my Masters degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in entrepreneurship from the University of Missouri - Kansas City. I had such a fantastic time in the MBA program and learned such much! I was blessed to fall in with an amazing cohort who basically carried me through my classes, especially finance and accounting. Without them, I would have really struggled to pass, especially my second year when I started the school year off with an unexpected newborn! These friends were my lifesavers for those two years and I know the Lord placed them in my life to help me succeed.
On May 15, I graduated and decided to walk with my friends. Alexander and Abigail came to the graduation and it was so great to have my little supportive team in attendance. :)
![]() |
| Waiting for commencement to begin |
![]() |
| Emily, Annalee, Taylor, Alvin |
![]() |
| Annalee, Emily, Karen, Alvin, Zac |
![]() |
| Abigail, Annalee, and Alexander |
This past year I was also part of the E-scholars program, which helps entrepreneurs launch successful enterprises. This was an amazing opportunity for me, and I gained so much from being able to be part of this exclusive program. In E-scholars, I had the opportunity to: give several presentations, write a business plan, re-create my website, establish new goals, research my competition,and try something new and scary.
The final test was competition with several rounds, called the Regnier Venture Creation Challenge. Initially, there were 120 applicants who submitted 20 page business plans. Out of those, 100 were selected to give a 2 minute elevator pitch and set up a booth at an expo. At the expo several judges came to our booth and asked us difficult questions about our businesses.
![]() |
| My Booth |
At the end of the day, the 16 top businesses were chosen to move forward to a second round the following week. I was thrilled and astonished that I made it through to the top 16! For this round we prepared 20 minute presentations and answered questions from judges. I felt really really good about my presentation and knew that I had done my very best.
After everyone presented, the top 4 were announced and required to give their presentations again to compete for top prize. I did not make it to this round, but because I made it in the top 16, I won $1000 to put toward my business. I used the money to purchase super cool up-lights. It was a fabulous opportunity and I am super proud of my accomplishments. :)
Anyway, I guess we'll see where my educational exploits lead me in the future :)










0 comments:
Post a Comment