Monday, May 4, 2015

Fall 2014

We have been nothing but crazy busy the past several months. I can't even believe it is already May! Where the heck did the past 9 months go?!! Despite how quickly the days have been passing, we have been making sure to slide some fun in between the cracks of work, school and the every-day garble.

This post features some of our favorite memories from last fall, including lots of pics. :) Thanks for your patience as we slowly catch up from this super insane year!

IRISH FEST

The first weekend in September we took tiny Abigail to the Irish Fest and then to the Renaissance Festival a few weeks later. At the Irish Fest, Alexander had his picture taken with a DeLorean and I got to listen to some of my very favorite Irish bands while sipping lemonade.






RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL

At Ren Fest, we enjoyed lovely weather, delicious food, and some good clean fun, including archery and a fairly decent Jack Sparrow impersonator. We thought Abigail needed to dress as a dragon for her first apperance at the Ren Fest. :)




FRIENDS

In September, we decorated 3 weddings, all of which were beautiful and majorly time-consuming (pictures are on the Elegantly Expressed blog). The last weekend of the month, four of my best friends from high school road-tripped out to visit and help with two of the weddings. We had so much fun! I had to work the first two days they were here, but on Sunday and Monday, I did my best to convince them that they all wanted to return. We went to Jack Stack for BBQ, visited the church history sites, ate gourmet burgers at BRGR, took pictures at the World War 1 National War Memorial, hit up the Clock Tower Bakery for UK inspired treats, and went shopping, shopping, and more shopping!

Jack Stack BBQ:


Liberty Jail:

 Adam-ondi-ahman:


National WWI Memorial overlooking Kansas City:



Union Station:

BRGR (gourmet burgers):


HALLOWEEN




Halloween consisted of our huge annual Halloween bash. This year we treated 40+ people to a soup and salad dinner. I made five soups and we had a couple of different salads and I invited the guests to bring their favorite Halloween treat. Of course we all dressed up. Alexander and I were thrilled to finally be able to add a third to our family costume. We went very DIY this year and had a How to Train Your Dragon theme. Alexander and I dressed up as the Vikings and sweet little Abigail got to be our little dragon. She was adorable.




THANKSGIVING
Our holidays were kind of lonely as we spent Thanksgiving and Christmas with just the two of us. Interestingly, Thanksgiving dinner was one of the very best meals I have EVER cooked. Which is saying something. Everything turned out amazingly and we enjoyed stuffing ourselves while Abigail slept through the entire meal.







As you can see, we obviously don't mess around in these parts during the most beautiful season of the year. We lapped up every bit of action we could get and we had a blast doing it. :)

0 comments: