Saturday, August 23, 2014

Abigail's First 2 Weeks at Home

We've had Abigail for two weeks now, and in those two weeks we have had a lot of fun! What follows is more or a less a photo dump showing all the fun adventures we have had so far. I hope you don't mind all the pictures.

First meal at home:


Just chilling at home, giving Abigail the tour of the place:


Breaking in the new bed:

Sitting with Grandma displaying the new blanket she crocheted:


First Sunday, August 10: We didn't tell anyone in church that we had adopted. When we showed up, the entire room buzzed with little whispers and lots of stares. It was sort of fun! Everyone was so excited for us, it made us feel very loved! Needless to say, Abigail sort of stole the limelight that day. 


Seriously, isn't she the cutest?!


Sunday afternoon I decided to get in some playtime and have a little photo-shoot with Abi girl. She was a very willing model and was a natural in front of the camera. I took probably 100 pictures, but here are my favorites:





On Monday, August 11, I took my mom and Abigail on their very first visit to the Kansas City Zoo. It was the perfect day to go as the weather wasn't very hot and not many people were there. Mom enjoyed the penguin exhibit and we had a surprisingly delightful lunch at the new tuxedo grill there. We had a slightly unsettling experience with the tiger who was a bit too interested in our little Abi. He was acting very chill as he laid on his rock, but his eyes were glued to her. Every single sound she made produced a twitch of his ears and his intense gaze never left. I love the tigers, but to be honest, this was the first time I was eager be on our way. 

This picture really doesn't do justice to his stare:



Here Abigail is modeling some of the adorable clothes my mom bought for her. I simply love the little giraffe family on her shirt!

We also received a large package from Peter and DeeAn which consisted of 55 items of clothes, blankets, etc. Abigail will certainly be one well-dressed baby! Here she is seen modeling my personal favorite items of the lot, the damask pajamas and blanket. :)


Peter complains that she is always asleep in her pictures, so I tried to capture one with her eyes open, which generally only happens when she is eating. :)


Our friend Heidi gave us this adorable little dress just in time for Abigail to wear it on her second Sunday at church. Isn't the purple tulle adorable?!


Alas, Relief Society was just a tad boring for Abi, as she just couldn't keep her eyes open. You can get away with that when you are 2 weeks old, but not when you are 31... ;)


Here is another cute awake picture taken Wednesday, August 20. When she is eating she will stare at me the entire time. I guess it would be creepy if she wasn't so cute!


Abigail is a great sleeper during the daytime, easily sleeping 4-5 hours at a time. Once night hits, however, she is ready to party. At 4:30 this morning she was ready to rock and roll so I decided to lay her next to Godiva who had taken refuge on the bed next to a slumbering Alexander. Abi was quite taken with Godiva and kept reaching to pet her fur. Godiva looks less than thrilled. I think she is upset that we forced her to be in a photo with "her replacement". 






0 comments: