Friday, July 19, 2013

Keeping Busy Having Fun!

Despite my lack of blog posts, we have been keeping ourselves busy around here.

APRIL

In April, we were invited to watch the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference (and have a yummy dinner!) with the Birrell family. They are so much fun! We didn't get pictures of everyone but these ones are cute.




I was kept very busy in April putting together Kara and Alex's wedding, my first official wedding out here in Kansas City. I created this new door backdrop and made the wedding a Scrabble theme, which I thought was really cute. You can check out more pictures here.




On April 26th, I helped decorate for a fundraiser for the Young Women. They did a vintage fashion show. We hung flowers and pictures of dress patterns on one backdrop. We also used the doors as the stage entrance where the girls walked out onto the red carpet. And of course, we pulled out the chair covers to really spruce the place up. :)





At the end of the month I came down with strep throat that infected my ears and fully clogged them, leaving me partially deaf for over a month. It was miserable. I tried EVERYTHING to clear it up but nothing helped. This is me trying a hot pack on my ear.


MAY

On May 4th we had the awesome opportunity to see the Piano Guys concert. They are some of our very favorite performers and we couldn't pass up this amazing chance to see them up close. We had fantastic seats and the crowd was one of the most considerate and nicest I'd ever seen. The music was so beautiful, that I have to confess that I started crying when they started playing. The emotion was too much for me to handle, I guess I'm getting old.
In the lobby
Excited for the concert to begin!


They showed all their music videos behind them on the screen as they played, which was a pretty good idea. Pianists and cellists can't really dance when they are performing so it's a good way to include a visual aspect to the show. 
Outside the theater after the concert.

On May 11th, I went to an info session for the MBA program at UMKC. It was at that time that I decided to try and pass the GMAT so that I could get into the program. The men conducting the session were so friendly and the program seemed like a perfect fit, so I felt really comfortable signing up for the GMAT and committing myself to it. I have to be honest though, it was a seriously gutsy move on my part. Ever since graduating for UVU, I have told myself I couldn't pass an exam to get into grad school, so the fact that I chose one of the hardest programs and exams was pretty daring. 

On Memorial Day, we got invited to TWO BBQs! I was pretty excited. We had lunch with the Hansen family and then we had dinner at the Bennions. It is so nice to have such wonderful friends!

On May 30th, I took this awesome picture of these clouds!


JUNE

On June 3rd we were able to go to the opening night of Broadway production, Spam-a-lot at the Starlight Outdoor Theatre. We got super cheap tickets and then one of our ward members who works there found us even better seats. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed fresh lemonade and kettle corn popcorn. The show was less impressive, but we had fun anyway. We were thrilled to be celebrating the 8th anniversary of when we first met/first date, which happened on June 4, 2005.

On June 27th, we hit the road early in the morning and headed out to Utah (again). We made the drive in record time, 16 1/2 hrs. We left at 6:00am and arrived in Utah at 9:30pm. It was perfect! The rest of that story is found in the next blog post. :)






0 comments: