Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hearts and Flowers

Some people feel that Valentine's day is a commercially created excuse for people to spend money. That may be true, but I also believe it is a genuine opportunity to tell those around you how much you love them. No, we shouldn't need a special day to show our love, we can do that every day, but a little extra emphasis doesn't hurt either.

Valentine's Day was fun this year. We never go all out, but we do like an excuse to celebrate. I created a little scavenger hunt for Alexander as an activity while I went to work. Apparently I need to find better hiding places because he said it was too easy.

These are the treats I hid for him:


When I got home, he had this cute little bear and chocolates waiting for me. Alexander is a sucker for a sappy-face stuffed animal ;).


He then had these gorgeous flowers delivered to me. They are from this awesome florist shop who specializes in eclectic arrangements. I have been following them ever since we moved here and this was the first time I've ever been a recipient of their handiwork. I was so elated!



We mad a really simple dinner. The pasta was heart-shaped, which was just too cute to pass up and I made the salad festive by cutting the cucumbers into hearts.



 I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband to be my special Valentine!



0 comments: