In early November my BFF, Melissa, flew out to Chicago for the CMTA conference. She is an active group leader for the Charcot-Marie-Tooth Association (for the neuro-muscular disease both she and her daughter have). The conference was an awesome opportunity for her.
The trip was also an awesome opportunity for us to get together. It was fairly easy to justify the 9 hour drive up to Chicago when we are normally 19 hours away from each other, so on Saturday morning I jumped in the car and headed up. The weather was gorgeous! It was a sunny, warm 75 degrees and I happily wore my capris. I arrived at the hotel in time to rest a little bit before going to the CMTA recognition banquet with Melissa. It was neat getting to meet her new friends and learning more about the disease she endures.
After the conference concluded Sunday morning, we found a nice restaurant. I did a bit of research that really paid off and found Weber Grill. The food was fantastic! I had a Black Angus Meatloaf that just melted in the mouth, we some yummy mac and cheese and mashed potatoes. Seriously delicious! I also splurged on a Passionfruit Lemonade that was divine!
My Meatloaf:
After lunch we hit the road and headed back to Kansas City. Unfortunately, we were following a storm line and I spent 6 hours fighting strong winds and heavy rain. I guess that's what I get for such a nice drive the day before. Despite that, we had a great 9 hour catch-up conversation. It reminded me of the good ol' days and weeks spent on a tour bus for choir tour. :)
Monday was full of random Kansas City sight-seeing. We went shopping at Crown Center and ate at our favorite restaurants. We had Chinese at Bo Ling's and we took Melissa to eat the best of KC Barbecue (in our opinion) at Fiorella's Jack Stack. Oh how I love that food! I always get the BBQ Baked Potato with burnt ends. Yum!
On Tuesday we finished up our tour with some good ol' American cuisine at BRGR. If you go you MUST try the white truffle tator tots and the onion straws. They aren't messing around there. The strawberry shake wasn't half bad either. ;)
![]() |
| Mine is on the right and is called a Mangia burger, complete with Parmesan crisp |
![]() |
| White Truffle Tator Tots, Onion Straws, and Classic Fries |
![]() |
| Melissa enjoyed a chocolate Oreo and I had Strawberry :) |
Thanks Melissa for visiting us and giving us an excuse to go on a "best of KC foodie tour". We loved having you visit and hope you come again soon! We'll even let your husband come with you this time ;).
To all the rest of you, consider this an open invitation. We have a guest bed waiting and some gourmet food to share. :)
To all the rest of you, consider this an open invitation. We have a guest bed waiting and some gourmet food to share. :)





0 comments:
Post a Comment