Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Halloweeny

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love being able to dress up and decorate things to be just a little bit spooky.

This year we had a ward trunk-or-treat and chili cook-off. Alexander and I enjoy having a theme to our costumes so this year we took our cue from an old Disney movie, "The Sword in the Stone". If you've seen this movie it's probably been awhile, however, it's one of Alexander's favorite movies. He dressed up as Merlin and I dressed up as his nemesis, Madam Mim. Very few people knew who I was, but I had fun with it anyway. :)

Merlin without his scratchy white beard:


The Marvelous, Mad, Madam Mim!

I also dressed up at work. However, as I would be flying solo on this one, I dressed as Mickey as the Sorcerer's Apprentice. I got a lot of good comments about my nose.



We also hosted a little Halloween shin-dig for anyone who didn't have plans but wanted something to do. I had a lot of fun decorating for this party. We had a good little turn-out and our friends dressed up in some awesome costumes :)

The Friends:

Sara and Ellie

Steve and Ellie

Jon & Caitlin

Joe & Kathy
The Decor:

I had a bit too much fun with the cheese cloth ;)





0 comments: