I think I spent all of August being exhausted. I had the two family weddings, Tanner & Karianne's and Bryce & BreeAnna's (sorry, I left my camera home so I have to get pics from my mom). I spent the majority of my time in Utah working my tail-end off. We flew for Tanner's but drove for Bryce's and when I got home, still dreary eyed from the 19 hr drive, everyone asked how my vacation was. I unashamedly announced that I had had no vacation.
The next week on August 28, I undertook my first real Relief Society activity since getting the calling to RS 2nd counselor. We conducted a Sisterly Swap, where sisters donated stuff they no longer needed and took stuff that they did need. For refreshments I created a Popcorn Bar complete with 5 different flavors of popcorn: regular Butter & Salt, Cinnamon & Sugar, Kettle Corn, Masala Curry, and Rosemary Parmesan. It looked and tasted amazing! (PS, I'm addicted to popcorn!)
The very next night, on August 29 & 30, I presented a training course entitled "Intro to Becoming an Event Planner". I spent 6 hours discussing the ins and outs of the business and found myself absurdly missing it. Successfully presenting that course was probably one of the most amazing experiences of my life, by the way. It was another reminder that I can do hard things and that I did actually know what I was doing when I was planning events. The entire time I felt the Holy Ghost there, reminding me of experiences, tips and details that I had forgotten in the years since running my business. I only had 21 slides and no notes. The attendees gave me flying colors and are planning on enrolling in my next course, "Successful Event Planning". It will be 16 hours of intense details and will be held in October. To be honest, despite my previous success, I'm terrified.
The course description I was given:
Thankfully, August is over :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment