Monday, January 30, 2012

The Stuff Memories Are Made Of

Alexander and I were lucky to be able to go out to Utah to say goodbye to Tyler as he leaves for his mission to South Dakota. I'm so proud of you Tyler!! We had an awesome time and it was really hard to go back to Kansas City.

Here are some of my favorite memories from the trip:

Melanie and I singing "You and I" and "Keep Your Head Up" at the top of our lungs as we drive back to Mom and Dad's.

Denise and I getting in the shortest line at Walmart and waiting longer than anyone else around us as the rednecks in front of us argue about who is paying for the iTunes card.

Bryce and Alexander swapping mission stories and discussing the grossest food they've ever eaten.

The narcissistic photo shoot at 10:00 at night with Melanie and Natalie.



Making 38 enchiladas for Sunday dinner.

Tyler to Annalee: You are addicted to caffeine!!
Alexander: It's her headache medicine.
Tyler: She's addicted! Not a day has gone by that I haven't seen her with it!
Alexander: That's 'cause you give her headaches.
(PS, I don't drink it every day, he was just making one of his silly exaggerated comments.)

Staying out till one o'clock in the morning giggling with some of my best friends from high school.

Listening to Tyler hum on the other side of the wall practically the entire night as he wrote and refined his farewell talk.

Visiting Jen and Zac's lovely home and losing track of time as we try to make Hallie giggle.

Singing "I Believe in Christ" with my sisters at Tyler's farewell and trying desperately not to cry.

Mom and I spying on Denise as she cuddled with her new boyfriend.

McKay and Alexander going on a pizza run during "the lady party" (aka Jewelry Party).

Mom asks me, "Are you going to the store? Tomorrow is hundreds day. I need 100 kisses." Dad walks in just in time to hear the last sentence, raises his eyebrows and says, "That will take me all night!"

Tyler and Alexander going out to lunch. Tyler ordered a Zesty BBQ burger with no zest or BBQ, just bacon.

Annalee: I haven't taken a picture with Tyler yet.
Tyler: Sorry you guys. Mom said no sexy pictures tonight.

Melanie tried to teach Hallie to push a certain noise button on her toy but Hallie preferred to push the button that played the music. Melanie tried over and over but Hallie ignored her. Finally, after much bugging, Hallie turned to look Melanie straight in the eyes, picked up the toy, and pushed the noise button repeatedly before then calmly looking away and pushing the music button.



Some photos from the "photo shoot":

Me, Melanie and Natalie


Natalie and Tyler, the twins


Tyler, Alexander, Melanie and Natalie


Tyler, Me, Alexander and Melanie


Tyler, Melanie and Natalie

1 comments:

Shan said...

Man, my favorite story was the one of Hallie pushing the button for her mom.