Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Mid-Metamorphosis

Metamorphosis: a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism. We are in the middle, waiting to see what we become.

One week and counting and I am starting to get a tad panicky. I reserved our rental truck and bought plane tickets back to Utah for our moving helpers, so that's good. However, I still don't have a job (no one has even called me about all the ones I applied for, talk about a self-esteem crusher) and we don't even have a house to move into yet. Yikes! We are working with a real estate/property management agent who is sifting through the good neighborhoods for a decent place to live in our price range. He just called and it sounds like an extra miracle might be needed to get where we need to be.

My house is still a disaster and I seriously don't know how it will get all packed up. Why do we have so much stuff and where did it all come from?! I think I need to blame all those really nice people who gave us wedding presents.

On top of all those worries, I have two weddings to decorate this weekend. Yes, I know, you can say it out loud: I am a moron. Hopefully they go better than the one did last weekend (I almost ruined this girl's wedding day....for real).

Oh well. If nothing else, my life will be really interesting for the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Shan said...

Please call me if there is anything I can do for you!

Janet Gough said...

Hi Annalee, I can't remember your email address and Tara is at lunch. I think about you every day and hope things are going well. Melanie told me you got the apartment so I'm excited to hear how that is going. I guess Alexander has started school by now so I'd love to hear about that too. It may be hard to reply to everyone so I'll watch your blogs for updates. We hired Emily E. but she hasn't started yet. It's SO busy--I miss you tons. Take Care! Love, Janet

Al said...

SOOOOOOOOOO SORRY I'm totally and completely lame and didn't chill with you one last time! YOU ARE AMAZING and we wish you every happiness and success life has to offer. I miss you guts and I am only a phone call away! :)

Loves ALWAYS!!!