It's the 2nd Annual Attempt at a Garden Event! Okay, so I put in the garden a couple of weeks ago, but I've been too busy to post some pics. The plants are growing well, and there is even a baby strawberry growing.
In other news, we did an enrichment activity where we learned cake decorating, and I will just tell you that I was pretty proud of my cake. I don't mean to sound proud, but it looked the best out of all the cakes there. Granted, I frosted it a little thinly, but other than that it looks pretty okay. When I brought it home and presented it to Alexander, he made me take a picture of it before he let me cut him a piece, so here is a picture of my recent accomplishment. :)
Also, I do have to brag about the mother's day gift my siblings and I made for our mom. We should have won an award for how awesome it was. We made my mom a CD of us singing primary mother's day songs, telling our favorite memories, and telling her why we love her so much. Alexander worked really hard on formating and making it technically perfect, I made the CD cover, and Jen was the director of what tracks should go where. We finally finished it just in time for family dinner on Sunday and presented it to her as we began to eat. She put it in the CD player and instantly began crying. Not only that, but my dad was also crying. Us kids sat there in silence, taking in their every reaction. The CD runs 15 minutes, which I think is just about perfect for this project. All my mom could say was that it was the best day of her life. Here is the pic I put on the front of the CD cover.
6 years ago

4 comments:
Wow. You go, Mrs. Annalee B. Strub! I'm not even worthy! ;)
Awesome garden...the flowers are lovely.
AMAZING cake...incredible form, decoration, and I'm sure it was delicious (I'll have to ask Alexander...).
AND HOLY CRAP ON THE MOTHER'S DAY GIFT!!! That's intense, over-the-top, and why the heck didn't I think of it!? ;) That's seriously cool. Way to make your mom's (and dad's) day!!! You Barney/Strub's ROCKETH!!!
PS I'm thinking Tues or Wed or gettin' togethah'. You have a preference or any schedule conflicts?
Thanks for the kind words friend. I'm not really that rockin', I just needed a self esteem boost. Also, Wednesday would be best for me.
Hey thanks for leaving a comment. You have been added to the list. Let us know if you find anyone else.
Post a Comment