I've been MIA for the past few..uh..months I guess. Life has gotten so crazy for me, I barely have time to reflect on any of it.
Back in May we were informed that Alexander got accepted in the Masters History program at the University of Missouri Kansas City. It's a wonderful school with an excellent program. This felt like an enormous miracle at the time and we were ecstatic. Then, suddenly, the realization of it all set in and I was an emotional mess for a few weeks. It struck me that we would have to move out of our lovely home, I have to quit my job, close the wedding business, say goodbye to my family and friends, and just leave. Ugh, just typing this makes me cry. Frankly, the whole thing is devastating to me.
Despite the random tears, I know that this is what we are supposed to do. Apparently I haven't learned everything I need to yet, so the Lord has decided to send me far away from my comfort zone. I know that it will be an adventure and that I will get a taste for a different kind of life. Maybe I will have more opportunities in Kansas City. I don't know; all I know is that I have to go.
To distract me, I have kept myself incredibly busy. I've had a lot of weddings that have turned out really nicely. Plus, we were able to go on a road-trip with our awesome friends out to Nauvoo. We stopped in Kansas City on the way to check out the campus and the city. It's a gorgeous place, and the school looks amazing. Hopefully that will compensate for what we are leaving behind. The coolest part of the trip was the tornado we saw in central Illinois. 
I started packing the house up last week. I realized that I don't have many weekends left and most of those weekends involve weddings. I've gone into a sort of panic mode I think and Alexander is afraid I will throw everything out. A yard sale is seriously in order because I refuse to take a bunch of junk across the country with me.
Also on the agenda is searching for a new job. I have applied for 3 jobs out there that I would be perfect for, but haven't heard back from any of them yet. I expect to be applying for many more. Additionally, we don't have a place to live yet, so my stress levels are running rather high. I have nightmares of having to live in a tiny house full of cockroaches in a neighborhood filled with gang-bangers. If this should happen, I will probably fly home and sleep on my parent's couch for a while. ;)
In all seriousness, your prayers would be appreciated the next few weeks. Thanks for all the good wishes and support that have been sent my way and I promise to be better at updating this blog.
6 years ago

1 comments:
Oh my goodness! I had no idea you were moving!!! Can we get together before you leave???
Post a Comment