Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Yes, I know I am a bit late. It still counts though, right?

Christmas was wonderful, as usual. We got the tree up soon after Thanksgiving and I decided that I must be getting better at my decorating job, as it only took me less than 2 hours to transform my house into a winter wonderland, tree and all.



We were unusually busy this month, with something going on every weekend. We were asked to decorate the ward Christmas party, which shouldn't have been hard, but it was. Alexander was also the guest of honor that night as he was transformed into Santa Claus. I made the suit and was actually quite surprised at how good he looked! Oh, and most of the kids loved him. ;)






On Tuesday, Dec 22, we decided to keep one of the puppies from my parent's dog. Alexander must really love me a lot, because he wasn't too thrilled about the idea. The puppy adds quite a bit of excitement to our quiet home and it will take a some time to get used to her. Alexander named her Lady Godiva and she has been a pretty good pup, all things considering. Right now we are working on teaching her to do her business outside, don't nip or bite, and not to chew on cords, shoes, etc. She is learning fairly quickly and with a little bit of time she will be a very good dog.





We spent Christmas Eve visiting my grandparents and singing carols together. I think this is a nice tradition that we should continue. Plus, they loved the puppy, who was so good, she slept the whole time.

Christmas morning we slept late and took our time getting ready. I made a nice breakfast and we opened presents, letting Godiva have the wrapping paper. That afternoon we went down to my parent's house for dinner and games.




All around it was a wonderful holiday, and a great relief from work.

3 comments:

Adam B said...

I recall another time(/video) when Alexander played...ahem..."Saint Nicholas." I would love to embarrass all involved in that video by posting it online, but alas, I am also in it. Merry Christmas!

Al said...

YOU DIDN'T MENTION YOUR PUPPY WHEN WE WERE THERE! Sup with that!? She's cute.

Thanks for the awesome times. YOU ARE AMAZING!!! :)

Annalee said...

Adam, that movie was pretty, uh, interesting. ;)

Al, I didn't get the puppy until the day after you came. It was a spur of the moment type of deal, like most of the other major decisions in my life. :)