Yesterday my darling, sweet husband indulged me and took me to the zoo to see the baby animals. I had been begging for weeks, but he had been reluctant due to my being a cripple. I convinced him that we could rent a motorized wheelchair and he consented. So, bright and early, (11:00am) we headed up to the zoo. The weather was perfect, warm with a light breeze. I was VERY excited. I refused the crutches knowing that it wouldn't be a far walk to the fancy wheelchair and hobbled up to the ticket window. After purchasing our tickets we sidled over to the bored teenager working the wheelchair place.
Bored Teenage Boy: "Uh... we don't have any... I think... Yeah, uh, you can get the regular one and maybe like trade it in later if one shows up and just pay the difference."
Alexander: "Oh, will they let us do that?"
Bored Teenage Boy: "Actually, I don't really know."
Alexander: "I see. Well, I guess we will just take what you have then."
He was my hero! He was willing to brave the hills and the trails pushing me up and down just because he loved me! I need to write a ballad of that feat.
We saw the three baby tigers, the snow leopard cub, the baby giraffe, and the baby elephant (plus all the regular sized animals). They were so adorable!
Here are some of our favorite pictures:
He was close enough to touch!
BABY SNOW LEOPARD!! :)
I am in love with the Red Pandas!
Hey, I'm just chillin'!
Hey Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!
Boy this skin is itchy!
Love these mud baths!
Peek-a-boo!
Surprise, it's wet!
Umm...Help? This guy was a hoot!
6 years ago

1 comments:
I am jealous. I have been saying all summer that I want to take the girls to the zoo and we still haven't yet. Thanks for the pictures though. My girls enjoyed themt too.
Post a Comment